(STATEWIDE, Mich.) – Each day the athletes of Special Olympics Michigan (SOMI) push themselves outside of their comfort zone, breaking down barriers in an effort to create a unified world. You’re invited to join them as they pave the way in the Inclusion Revolution by taking the Polar Plunge!
In 2022, SOMI will host more than 30 Polar Plunges in-person and a virtual plunge, with the goal of raising more than one million dollars. We are so excited to be back together, we are kicking off this year’s campaign with a Super Plunge. For those brave enough, that means 24 plunges in just 24 hours!
SOMI is also offering the virtual Frozen 5K. The event encourages you and your loved ones to get moving this winter while raising funds for SOMI programs.
The Polar Plunge is the single largest fundraiser for Special Olympics Michigan. All funds raised by Plungers help SOMI provide year-round training and services to thousands of athletes with intellectual disabilities across the state.
The Polar Plunge is presented by the Law Enforcement Torch Run (LETR), a movement of volunteers dedicated to increasing awareness and funds for SOMI athletes across the state. Special Olympics Michigan is dedicated to creating a world that accepts and welcomes every single person regardless of ability or disability. So, make a statement and a splash by registering today at plungemi.org!
As the safety of athletes, participants, and volunteers is the top priority of Special Olympics Michigan, all Polar Plunge locations will follow COVID-19 protocols assigned by the county or city where they are taking place.
- Virtual Frozen 5K – anywhere!
- Super Plunge (Grand Rapids) - Friday, January 21/22
- Jackson - Saturday, January 29
- Lansing - Sunday, January 30
- Fenton - Saturday, February 5
- Southwest Michigan Plunge - Saturday, February 5
- Turk Lake - Saturday, February 5
- Lake City - Saturday, February 12
- Macomb – Saturday, February 12
- Mt. Pleasant - Saturday, February 12
- Munising - Saturday, February 12
- Oakland County – Saturday, February 12
- Kalamazoo - Sunday, February 13
- Royal Oak (Winterblast) – February 18-20
- Alpena - Saturday, February 19
- Grand Rapids - Saturday, February 19
- Great Lakes Bay - Saturday, February 19
- Traverse City - Saturday, February 19
- Wayne County - Saturday, February 19
- Big Rapids - Saturday, February 26
- Washtenaw County - Saturday, February 26
- Detroit – Friday, March 4
- Lapeer - Saturday, March 5
- Holland - Saturday, March 5
- Monroe - Sunday, March 6
- Legislative (Lansing), Thursday, March 10
- Marquette - Saturday, March 19
- Muskegon - Saturday, March 19