Special Olympics Michigan (SOMI) is continuing its gradual return to practice/play plan.
The return to play process remains on a per-Area basis, pending approval of the SOMI state office. Step 1 of the plan is based on education, where coaches and volunteers will receive training focused on a return to practice/play. Once an area/program has completed Step 1, it will request approval from the SOMI state office to move into Step 2, which allows for a phased-in return to sport activities as outlined in the return to practice/play plan. Until the area/program has completed Step 1 and received approval from the Special Olympics Michigan state office to move Step 2, all in-person sport activities will remain postponed for that area/program.
Return to Play/Practice Trainings and Resources
According to Michigan Department of Health and Human services guidelines, all participants will wear a mask and maintain 6 feet of social distance at all practices and competitions.
- COVID-19 Participant Code of Conduct and Risk Assessment Form (online form with electronic signature)
- Return to Activities (online training)
- Coaches Return to Play Checklist (Word document)
- Volunteer & Chaperone Return to Play Checklist (Word document)
- Coronavirus Outbreak: What you need to know (online training)
- How to Find and Complete Online Trainings (PDF how-to guide)
- SOMI Return to Play/Practice Guidelines
- Return to Play Webinar (YouTube Video)
- Practice Sign-In Sheet (PDF)