There are many opportunities for your company and employees to become involved with Special Olympics Michigan and help our inspiring athletes achieve their goals. Special Olympics Michigan does not receive any state funding, nor are we a United Way agency. Our programs are free to all athletes and their families.
Special Olympics Michigan depends almost entirely on donations from individuals, corporations, foundations and civic groups in order to offer our programs year-round throughout the state to nearly 20,000 athletes. Your partnership with Special Olympics Michigan will enable us to continue to reach out into your community and provide our services to children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
In exchange for your financial investment, your company will receive significant recognition and marketing benefits. By partnering with Special Olympics, your company will be associated with one of the most established, recognized, respected and trusted brands in the world:
- 95% brand recognition of Special Olympics within the United States
- 95% favorability towards the organization
- 87% believe it's appropriate for Special Olympics to align with corporate citizens
- 85% would like to buy a product from a company that supports Special Olympics
Special Olympics was named one of "America's Greatest Brands" in 2005 by the American Brand Council.
"We're extremely proud of our relationship with Special Olympics and have tremendous respect for the individuals who give their time, skills and passion to the games, as these individuals represent the best of humanity and a level of character we should all strive to emulate in our own lives." - Stuart Elsea, Real Estate One
Special Olympics Michigan receives no state funding to support the annual $7 million program. Special Olympics never charges an athlete or their family to participate in the year-round athletic training and competitions. Special Olympics Michigan relies solely on the generosity individuals, organization and corporations to continue to the life-changing program.
- 3/15: 2014 Marquette Polar Plunge (Marquette)
- 3/15: 2014 State Unified Basketball (Kalamazoo)
- 3/21: 2014 Copper Cup Hockey Tournament (Byron Center)
- 3/21: 2014 State Basketball Finals (Rockford)
- 3/23: 2014 Water Warriors Bowl-A-Thon (Waterford)
- 3/29: Port Huron Dodgeball Tournament (Port Huron)
- 4/5: 2014 Euchre Tournament (Rochester)
- 4/11: Craftabulous Retreat Weekend April 11-13 (Utica)
- 4/17: 2014 Cops and Lobsters Fundraiser (Sterling Heights)
- 4/25: Craftabulous Retreat Weekend April 25-27 (Utica)