Thank you Spartan Stores!
Thank you to Statewide Premier Gold Medal Sponsor!
Spartan Stores and Special Olympics Michigan, together for 28 years
Special Olympics Michigan would like to thank Spartan Stores, the Presenting Sponsor of the 2012 State Summer Games and the Premier Gold Medal Sponsor. Spartan Stores is generously supporting the games with sponsorship and hundreds of volunteers who are associates, friends, families, vendors and independent retailers. Since 1985, Spartan Stores has contributed $7 million to support the games and the year-round athletic training of 19,620 children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
"The State Summer Games are a highlight of the year for our athletes. In addition to having the opportunity to compete and earn awards, they have a tremendous opportunity to benefit from health screening programs during the Games. Spartan Stores is an important partner in support of all of these efforts," said Lois Arnold, SOMI President and CEO.
"Making a difference in the lives of so many athletes is the most important reason why Spartan Stores has been a fan of Special Olympics for so long. We are inspired by all who participate in this outstanding athletic program and applaud the tremendous team effort it takes to make the State Summer Games a reality," said Dennis Eidson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Spartan Stores. "Our company and associates, along with our shoppers, our independent retail customers and our vendor partners, take great pleasure in our commitment to this wonderful cause."
Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Spartan Stores, Inc., (Nasdaq:SPTN) is the nation's eleventh largest grocery distributor with 1.4 million square feet of warehouse, distribution, and office space located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Company distributes more than 40,000 corporate and national brand products to approximately 375 independent locations in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio, and to our 97 corporate owned stores located in Michigan, including D&W Fresh Markets, Family Fare Supermarkets, Glen's Markets and VG's Food and Pharmacy.
- 6/18: REO Golf Outing (Northville, MI 48168)
- 6/20: Water Warriors Boatyard Grille (Chesterfield Township)
- 6/21: 2013 Deputy Sheriff's Golf Outing (Cadillac)
- 6/21: 6th Annual Highlands Golf Classic (Grand Rapids)
- 6/22: Area 8 Miniature Golf (Okemos, Michigan 48864)
- 6/23: 7th Annual Area 19 Golf Scramble (Battle Creek)
- 6/24: 2013 MOMC Charity Muskie Derby (Grosse Pointe Shores)
- 6/25: Water Warriors Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser (Port Huron)
- 7/1: Annual Midland Golf Outing (Midland)
- 7/13: 3rd Annual Buffalo Wings & Rings Golf Outing (Macomb, MI 48042)