Molly Hincka Reaches Marathon Finish Line
What began as an idea in Special Olympics Michigan athlete Molly Hincka's living room on New Year's Day ended at the finish line of the Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank Marathon on Sunday, October 20.
After ten months of training and hard work, Molly and her longtime coach PJ Sapienza crossed the finish line together. Yes, there were struggles along the way, both during training and on race day, but it was all worthwhile.
The time it took to complete the 26.2 mile marathon didn't matter. What did matter is that through grit, determination and a strong support system, Molly finished. She finished what she set out to accomplish. And Molly's ready to accomplish a whole lot more.
- 4/25: Craftabulous Retreat Weekend April 25-27 (Utica)
- 4/26: Area 29 Bowl-A-Thon (Hillsdale)
- 5/2: 2014 Breakfast of Champions (Detroit)
- 5/10: 2014 Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase (Ann Arbor)
- 5/10: 4th Annual LETR Capital Area Dodgeball Tournament (East Lansing)
- 5/18: 2014 Knights of Columbus Golf Scramble (Lowell)
- 5/29: 2014 State Summer Games (Mount Pleasant)
- 5/30: 2014 Rev It Up Ride (Mount Pleasant)
- 6/14: 2014 USA Games
- 7/13: KofC Golf Outing in Pinckney (Pinckney)