Molly Hincka Reaches Marathon Finish Line
What began as an idea in Special Olympics Michigan athlete Molly Hincka's living room on New Year's Day ended at the finish line of the Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank Marathon on Sunday, October 20.
After ten months of training and hard work, Molly and her longtime coach PJ Sapienza crossed the finish line together. Yes, there were struggles along the way, both during training and on race day, but it was all worthwhile.
The time it took to complete the 26.2 mile marathon didn't matter. What did matter is that through grit, determination and a strong support system, Molly finished. She finished what she set out to accomplish. And Molly's ready to accomplish a whole lot more.
- 8/2: 2014 MPG Dream Ride (Milford)
- 8/4: 23rd Annual Special Olympics of Golf at Pine Trace (Rochester Hills)
- 8/4: 2014 Area 11 Golf Outing (Grand Rapids)
- 8/12: 2014 Medaling Monkey 5k Walk/Run (Grand Rapids)
- 8/23: 2nd Annual Rheeder Pig Roast (Harrison Township)
- 8/23: 3D Archery Shoot and Trap Shoot (Hemlock)
- 9/26: 2014 State Fall Games (Ypsilanti, Canton and Chelsea)
- 10/10: 2014 Inspire Greatness Gala (Detroit)
- 2/3: 2015 State Winter Games
- 5/28: 2015 State Summer Games (Mount Pleasant)