Michael Betka of Area 7 to perform in Special Talents America
By: Christine Hatty
Michael Betka, 25, is a Special Olympics Michigan athlete of Mount Pleasant (Area 7: Clare, Gladwin, Isabella and Midland Counties). Aside from being an avid basketball player, drummer and song writer, Michael has a passion for dancing.
Michael sent an audition tape of himself dancing, to the Western DuPage Special Recreation Association to audition for Special Talents America. Special Talents America is an organization that produces a talent show for special needs participants.
Michael was chosen to compete against eight other contestants out of 35 total auditions. The talent show is at the Wentz Concert Hall and Fine Arts Center in Naperville, IL on Monday, November 5.
"Michael dances constantly, it is one of his passions," said his mother, Christine Betka. "He is not shy, he is very outgoing. Michael has taken dance lessons, so he has performed at recitals in front of crowds."
"I am looking forward to everything about this experience," said Michael. "I dance all of the time so this is fun for me." To practice for the competition, Michael plans to dance every day for fun, which is his normal routine. Michael said he is not nervous at all and he is extremely excited for the talent show.
The 2012 talent show will be produced before a studio audience and will air on cable television throughout the Midwest. A panel of celebrities will be judging the talent show.
Best of luck to Michael and all athletes competing at Special Talents America!
- 5/25: Volleyball Tournament (Carson City, MI 48811)
- 5/30: 2013 State Summer Games (Mount Pleasant)
- 5/31: Wertz Warriors Golf Outing (Macomb)
- 5/31: Rev It Up Ride (Mt. Pleasant)
- 6/2: 7th Annual Office Lounge Golf Outing (Port Huron)
- 6/8: BEneFIT Pedal Walk
- 6/8: 2013 5K Foam Fest (Shelby Twp., Michigan)
- 6/15: 2013 MWCAA Corporate Cup Relays (Lathrup Village)
- 6/17: Area 8 Golf Invitational (East Lansing)
- 6/18: REO Golf Outing (Northville, MI 48168)