Chrysler Continues to Support Special Olympics Michigan at 2012 State Cycling Finals
By: Natilie Williams
Chrysler Group LLC volunteers were ready to lend a helping hand with a record number of 185 competing athletes at the Special Olympics Michigan 2012 State Cycling Finals. The competition was held Saturday, September 8 at Chrysler Group LLC's Chelsea Proving Grounds.
Chrysler Group LLC volunteer Paul Fleury of Royal Oak, Mich. is a first time Special Olympics Michigan volunteer that glowed with joy as he interacted with the athletes. Paul described that he channeled his excitement from the athletes that were ecstatic to race.
"My aunt has Down syndrome, which makes me more aware of people's needs. I recommend that others come out and volunteer at these events," said Paul.
At Opening Ceremonies, Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Bob Pierce, welcomed Special Olympics Michigan athletes, parents, staff and volunteers. Pierce was sure to include his admiration of Chrysler Group LLC's philanthropic endeavors. "Chrysler is one of the finest corporate citizens," said Pierce.
Bob Jordan, Senior Manager of Chelsea Proving Grounds, announced that he looks forward to Chrysler Group continuing their relationship with Special Olympics Michigan.
Thank you to event sponsors Chrysler Group LLC and Jimmy Johns for all of their work and support at the Special Olympics Michigan 2012 State Cycling Finals.
- 3/15: 2014 Marquette Polar Plunge (Marquette)
- 3/15: 2014 State Unified Basketball (Kalamazoo)
- 3/21: 2014 State Basketball Finals (Rockford)
- 3/29: Port Huron Dodgeball Tournament (Port Huron)
- 4/26: Area 29 Bowl-A-Thon (Hillsdale)
- 5/29: 2014 State Summer Games (Mount Pleasant)
- 6/14: 2014 USA Games
- 7/19: 2014 LETR Grand Rapids Plane Pull (Grand Rapids)
- 8/12: 2014 Medaling Monkey 5k Walk/Run (Grand Rapids)
- 2/3: 2015 State Winter Games