Area 4 Athletes enjoy AuSable River Canoe Marathon!
Some athletes from Area 4 (Crawford, Oscoda, Roscommon and Ogemaw Counties) participated in the 65th annual AuSable River Canoe Marathon in their own way. They took part in the 20th annual Special Olympics Michigan Challenge sponsored by the Grayling Knights of Columbus. The event started at Penrod's Canoe Livery on Friday, July 27. Special Olympic paddler's teamed up with Marathon racers for the special canoe race.
The AuSable River Canoe Marathon is the longest non-stop professional canoe race and the oldest continual canoe race in the United States! Thank you to the organizers and Grayling Knights of Columbus for supporting Special Olympics Michigan athletes!
- 5/25: Volleyball Tournament (Carson City, MI 48811)
- 5/30: 2013 State Summer Games (Mount Pleasant)
- 5/31: Wertz Warriors Golf Outing (Macomb)
- 5/31: Rev It Up Ride (Mt. Pleasant)
- 6/2: 7th Annual Office Lounge Golf Outing (Port Huron)
- 6/8: BEneFIT Pedal Walk
- 6/8: 2013 5K Foam Fest (Shelby Twp., Michigan)
- 6/15: 2013 MWCAA Corporate Cup Relays (Lathrup Village)
- 6/17: Area 8 Golf Invitational (East Lansing)
- 6/18: REO Golf Outing (Northville, MI 48168)