Run week is composed of three components: Central Route, Travel Team and Community Runs. The 2013 Run Week starts on September 6th through the 13th.
Central Route - Central Route was started in 1981 by a group of officers out of Macomb County Sheriff's Department. Central Route started officially fundraising for Special Olympics Michigan and Law Enforcement Torch Run® in 1984. Central Route is a 750 non-stop relay run from Copper Harbor to Sterling Heights. Central Route is composed of three run teams: Michigan State Police, Fraternal Order of Police and Michigan Department of Corrections. Each team has at least 6 runners who each run 5 mile legs averaging eight minutes a mile. Each team runs 30 miles at a time.
Travel Team - The Travel Team is a group of runners from both Law Enforcement and Corrections that travel for a week throughout the state and visit two to three runs a day in different communities to raise funds and create awareness for Special Olympics Michigan and Law Enforcement Torch Run®. The Travel Team is out the same week as Central Route, however they cover a different schedule. To get more involved with the Travel Team please contact Andrea Rachko at email@example.com or (989) 774-3911.
Community Runs - Community Runs are runs that take place preferably during Run Week. These runs are put on by a local agency and are fundraising events for Law Enforcement Torch Run® as well as ways to create awareness for Special Olympics Michigan within local communities.
- 5/25: Volleyball Tournament (Carson City, MI 48811)
- 5/30: 2013 State Summer Games (Mount Pleasant)
- 5/31: Wertz Warriors Golf Outing (Macomb)
- 5/31: Rev It Up Ride (Mt. Pleasant)
- 6/2: 7th Annual Office Lounge Golf Outing (Port Huron)
- 6/8: BEneFIT Pedal Walk
- 6/8: 2013 5K Foam Fest (Shelby Twp., Michigan)
- 6/15: 2013 MWCAA Corporate Cup Relays (Lathrup Village)
- 6/17: Area 8 Golf Invitational (East Lansing)
- 6/18: REO Golf Outing (Northville, MI 48168)