All about SOMI
Special Olympics Athletes are young and old. They have different backgrounds and hometowns. Some are gifted athletes; others must work very hard just to reach the finish line.
Nearly 20,000 athletes participate in Special Olympics Michigan programs. Michigan has one of the largest programs in the U.S., but we're always looking for more athletes!
Although sports is the "vehicle," the ultimate goal of Special Olympics is to help persons with intellectual disabilities participate and receive respect as members of their communities.
Through Special Olympics, athletes gain self-confidence and prove their own capabilities. Special Olympics Michigan is not just training for sports--it's training for life!
Phone: (989) 774-3911
Fax: (989) 774-3034
Special Olympics Michigan
Central Michigan University
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
Southeast Regional Office
4084 John R Road
Troy, MI 48085
Southwest Regional Office
1239 76th Street SW, Suite E
Byron Center, MI 49315
- 5/25: Volleyball Tournament (Carson City, MI 48811)
- 5/30: 2013 State Summer Games (Mount Pleasant)
- 5/31: Wertz Warriors Golf Outing (Macomb)
- 5/31: Rev It Up Ride (Mt. Pleasant)
- 6/2: 7th Annual Office Lounge Golf Outing (Port Huron)
- 6/8: BEneFIT Pedal Walk
- 6/8: 2013 5K Foam Fest (Shelby Twp., Michigan)
- 6/15: 2013 MWCAA Corporate Cup Relays (Lathrup Village)
- 6/17: Area 8 Golf Invitational (East Lansing)
- 6/18: REO Golf Outing (Northville, MI 48168)